Who knew there was this little, quaint, classy and all things preppy town right smack dab in the middle of Maryland? Not me! I wish I could say I'm all things pink and green, but that would be a lie. On the other hand, I grew up in the 90's where I was all thing penny loafers, button down Polo's and head bands, so prep runs in my veins... When Jamie and I got out of our cars on the brick paved street in down town Annapolis, I thought I'd finally been reunited with my long lost preppy family. I was in heaven.
I won't bore you with a zillion details, so here are some bullet points:
- First things first, we got pedicures and manicures in the most luxurious of salons... aahhh for girl weekends
- We ate a quick lunch and headed to one of the largest malls I've ever been in... we shopped for about 4 hours, I got a small makeover and then headed down town
- We walked around for quite a while just admiring the sailboats, Navy Cadets and preppy shops
- We ate at a fantastic restaurant feasting on bread and exotic cheeses with fig spread, Mahi Mahi Salad and amazing wine
- Raining/54 degrees... ugh
- Went to the. most. amazing. SBUX ever and had a glorious Venti Soy, No Foam Latte with a Cinnamon Scone -- heaven.
- Went through almost every single store on three streets in the rain... thank God for umbrellas and a great pair of closed toed shoes that was on sale in the first store we went in
- Ate at a Famous Annapolis Diner and had the most greasy Rubin I've ever tasted. Yum.
- Bought a new hand bad, lip glosses, shoes, shot glass, some pottery, rain gauge for D and a few other odds and ends
- Went back to the mall for a couple things, went to a whole foods store (Trader Joe's to be exact... best. grocery. store. ever.) and bought more bread, cheeses, salami, fruit and desert and went back to the hotel and had a picnic on the bed whilst we watched "Marley and Me" (thanks for the warning, btw, that it ended so CRAPPY!)
- Breakfast down by the water and said our goodbyes...