Saturday, April 19, 2008

And then there were two...

Dan and I had dated for 4 months when he asked me to marry him... while I was totally sure I loved him and wanted to be with him, I said I wanted one year together as an engaged couple (go through 4 seasons together) -- This worked out well, because when the January after we were married (3 months ago) came, I wasn't shocked that he was down in the dumpsters --

I know, I know... you may be asking, "Weren't you feeling like he should still be happy because you're married?" Yeah... it crossed my mind, but the truth of it is, you're not married to your local super hero, you married a human -- January's SUCK! It's cold, rainy, cloudy and the holidays are over -- It's so easy to take your spouses emotional state personally, but the truth is, not everything is about you!

So... don't be shocked when your first 6 months of marriage aren't smelling roses and petting bunnies... ;0)

No comments: