Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dreams don't mean what they seem

I'm an intense dreamer -- I'll have these dreams where I'll wake up sweating from head to toe, I'm crying, my stomach is clenched or my face is buried deep beneath my pillow -- Sometimes I dream terrible things about my husband, friends or about things that happened in my past and I'll carry around a terrible feeling all day --

My counselor is trained in dream interpretations and she is really great -- She taught me that every significant feeling, object or scenario going on in the dream is attached to something in your life, but not necessarily what you were actually dreaming about -- It's your mind trying to work out significant happenings in your life that you still haven't worked out in your heart --

So... ladies and gentlemen, when you have a dream that your spouse is cheating on you, don't raise hell at them at the sound of the alarm clock, maybe take a look at your past relationships or your present fears --

No comments: