Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sex Isn't Always Sexy

My husband had been married before and so when he told me that sex really only ends up being about 15% of your marriage, I thought that was pretty reasonable -- Dr. Phil said it would be about 10% !! I knew he had to be wrong... On the other hand, I don't think there's a woman friend I have, well, maybe one, that hasn't told me "be prepared to have sex every night for a while"... I've learned that you CAN'T compare the operations of your marriage to others... it's destructive and completely irrelevant --

BUT... when the sex is on, don't be surprised that you and that hot spouse of yours aren't always going to have a Hollywood sex scene happening -- the covers will get in the way, the blinds will need to be shut, something will inevitably start beeping and your husband will want to know what it is or..... the phone will ring -- among all the other stuff we know can go awry... these are just a few of our favorite things -- So... enjoy what you've got and laugh at the rest!

No comments: